Arabic expressions that are related to food - eat -drink

Tabel of Content [View]

Have you read our previous learning material Arabic conversation in the restaurant? This learning material is related to it, but it will focus on the Expression (تَعْبِيْر).


examples of arabic expression with english explanation


Below are the examples of Arabic expressions that are related to food/eat/drink:


Arabic expression to show that you are hungry and you invite your friend to the restaurant


أَنَا جَوْعَانُ, هَيَّا بِنَا إِلَى المَطْعَمِ = I'm hungry, let's go to the restaurant.


مَطْعَمٌ can be replaced by: مَقْصَفٌ , مَقْهًى

For examples :

أَنَا جَوْعَانُ, هَيَّا بِنَا إِلَى المَقْصَفِ = I am hungry, let's go to the canteen.

 أَنَا جَوْعَانُ, هَيَّا بِنَا إِلَى المَقْهَى  = I'm hungry, let's go to the coffee shop.



Arabic expression to show that you are hungry

أَنَا جَوْعانُ = I am hungry.


Arabic expression to show that you are thirsty.

أَنَا عَطْشَانُ = I am thirsty.


Arabic expression to ask your friend whether he is thirsty or not

هَلْ أَنْتَ عَطْشَانُ؟ = Are you thirsty?


Sample answer :

نَعَمْ, أَنَا عَطْشَانُ = yes, I'm thirsty.

لاَ, لَسْتُ عَطْشَانَ = no, I am not thirsty.


You can express to show that you are full like the sentences above:

أَنَا شَبْعَانُ  = I am full



Arabic expression to ask your friend about what does he eat

مَاذَا تَأْكُلُ؟ = what do you eat?


Expression to ask your friend about what does he drink:

مَاذَا تَشْرَبُ ؟ = what do you drink?




Arabic expression to inform the thing you eat

آكُلُ خُبْزًا = I eat bread


You can replace خُبْزًا  with another word, for examples:


-  آكُلُ جُبْنًا   = I eat cheese.

-  آكُلُ بُرْتُقَالًا  = I eat an orange.

-  آكُلُ تُفََاحًا  = I eat an apple.

- آكُلُ  دَجَاجًا = I eat chicken.

- آكُلُ  سَمَكًا = I eat fish.



Arabic expression to inform the thing you drink

 أَشْرَبُ قَهْوَةً = I drink coffee.


You can replace قَهْوَةً with other words, for examples:


- أَشْرَبُ شَاياً = I drink tea.

- أَشْرَبُ عَصِيرَ اللِيمُون = I drink lemon juice.

- أَشْرَبُ حَلِيْبًا = I drink milk.

- أَشْرَبُ مَاءً = I drink water.



Arabic expression to show the thing you want to eat


i want some food in arabic



أَنَا أُرِيْدُ خُبْزًا = I want bread.


Arabic expression to show the thing you want to drink.

أَنا أريدُ شَاياً حَارًّا  = I want hot tea.



Arabic expression to ask whether your friend drink something or not


أَتَشْرَبُ عَصِيْرَ اللِّيْمُونَ؟ = Do you drink lemon juice?


The answer :

نَعَمْ,  أَشْرَبُ عَصِيرَ اللِيمُون = yes, I drink lemon juice.

 لاَ أَشْرَبُ عَصِيرَ اللِيمُون = No, I don't drink lemon juice.



Arabic expression to ask your  friend about his preference

القَهْوَةَ تُفَضِّلُ أَمْ الشَّايَ ؟  = Which drink do you prefer, coffee or tea?

The answer :

أُفَضِّلُ الشَّاي حَارًا  = I prefer to drink hot tea.



Arabic expression to ask your friend when do you eat or drink something.

مَتَى تَتعَشَّى؟  = when do you dine? or when do you have dinner?


Another question :

مَتَى تَتَغَدَّى ؟  = when do you have lunch?

مَتَى تَفْطُرُ ؟ = when do you have breakfast?


Sample answers:

أَتَعَشّى بَعْدَ صَلاةِ العِشَاءِ  = I dine after Isha prayer.

نَشْرَبُ الشَّايَ فِي المَسَاءِ  = We drink tea in the evening.



Arabic expression that informs your friend what do you eat


arabic expression : food eating drinking with english translation



أَتَنَاوَلُ في الفَطُورِ قِطْعَةً مِنَ الخُبْزِ = I eat a slice of bread for breakfast.




Arabic expression to ask where does your friend eat


أَيْنَ تَتَنَاولُ طَعَامَكَ؟  = where do you eat your food?


The sample answer:


أَتَنَاوَلُ فِي الْمَطْعَمِ = I eat in the restaurant.

أَتَنَاوَلُ فِي الْمَقْصَفِ = I eat in the canteen.

أَشْرَبُ القَهْوَةَ فِي المَقْهَى   = I drink coffee in the coffee shop.


=====================================


You can try to make other expressions with the words below.

Arabic vocabularies that are related to food/eating & drinking



Arabic nouns that are related to eating/drink/food


جَوْعَانُ = hungry

مَطْعَمٌ = restaurant

شَبْعَانُ = full

خُبْزٌ = bread

جُبْنٌ = cheese

عَطْشَانُ = thirsty

عَصِيْرٌ = juice

شَايٌ  = tea

بُرْتُقَالٌ = orange

تُفَاحٌ = apple

دَجَاجٌ = chicken

سَمَكٌ = fish

لَبَنٌ = yoghurt

حَلِيْبٌ = milk

وَجْبَةٌ = meal

طَبَقٌ = dish

مِلْحٌ = salt

مَاءٌ = water

فَاكِهَةٌ = fruit

الفَطُورُ = breakfast

الغَدَاءُ = lunch

العَشَاءُ = dinner

عَسَلٌ = honey

طَعَامٌ = food

لَذِيْذٌ = delicious

قَهْوَةٌ = coffee

سُكَّرٌ = sugar

مِلْعَقَةٌ = spoon

شَوْكَةٌ = fork

سِكِّيْنٌ = knife

مَسَاء  = evening

صَبَاح = morning

نَهَار = daytime

مَقْصَفٌ = canteen

مَطْعَم = restaurant

مَقْهًى = coffee shop

رُزٌّ مَقْلِيٌّ = fried rice.

بَطَاطِسٌ مَقْلِـيٌّ = fried potatoes

هَيَّا بِنَا = let's go


Arabic verbs that are related to eat/drink


أَكَلَ - يَأْكُلُ = eat

فَضَّلَ - يُفَضِّلُ  = prefer

تَعَشَّى - يَتَعَشِّي  = dinner

شرِبَ  -   يَشْرَبُ  = drink

فَطَرَ - يَفْطُرُ = breakfast  (فَطَرَ - يَفْطِرُ)

تَغَدَّى - يَتَغَدَّى = lunch

تَنَاوَلَ - يَتَنَاوَلُ  = eat


==========================================

To gain more comprehensive insight about related words, read the following also :

- The breakfast | Arabic short story

- Activities in the home | Arabic Sentence examples