Short Story in Arabic with English Translation - My School

Tabel of Content [View]

Below is an explanation about words that are mentioned in this video.




The activity in my school - a short story in Arabic and English translation


short story in arabic and english translation about my school



أَنَا أَحْمَدُ = I'm Ahmad.

أَنَا طَالِبٌ جَدِيْدٌ = I'm a new student.

هَذِهِ مَدْرَسَتِيْ = This is my school.

بَابُ المَدْرَسَتِيْ مَفْتُوْحٌ = The school door is open.

دَخَلْتُ مَدْرَسَتِيْ  = I entered my school.

رَحَّبَ المُدِيْرُ بِالتَّلاَمِيْذ  = The headmaster greeted the students.

 أَنَا مَسْرُوْرٌ بِحُضُورِ الْمُدِيرِ  = I'm happy with the presence of the headmaster.

المُدَرِّسُ أَمَامَ التَّلاَمِيْذ = The teacher is in front of the students.

 بَعْدَ الدَّرْسِ , عُدْتُ إِلَى بَيْتِيْ  = After studying, I went home.


Words by words explanation


- طَالِبٌ means student (male student).

Female student in Arabic is => طَالِبَةٌ


- Adjective has an agreement with noun. If noun is male, adjective is male. If noun is female, adjective is female.

For examples:

New student => طَالِبٌ جَدِيْدٌ   (male)

New student => طَالِبَةٌ جَدِيْدَةٌ  (female)


- مَدْرَسَةٌ  in English is school.

Possessive pronoun "my" in Arabic is ي, so my school => مَدْرَسَتِيْ


- بَابٌ  = door

- مَفْتُوْحٌ  = open


- دَخَلْتُ  means I entered

The basic form of this verb is => دَخَلَ (fi'il madi)  - يَدْخُلُ (fi'il mudari')


دَخَلَ  = he entered

يَدْخُلُ  = he enters/he is entering


- رَحَّبَ in English is => welcomed; greeted

رَحَّبَ is fi'il madi, fi'il mudari' => يُرَحِّبُ  

يُرَحِّبُ means he is welcoming/ he greets


- مُدِيْرٌ  = headmaster; principal


- تَلَامِيْذُ means students.

Singular form of تَلَامِيْذُ  is تِلْمِيْذٌ 

Synonym of  تِلْمِيْذٌ   is طَالِبٌ 


- مَسْرُوْرٌ = happy; delighted

مَسْرُوْرٌ came from verb سُرَّ  (  maf'ul from verb سُرَّ  )

سُرَّ means he was happy; he was pleased

سُرَّ is fi'il madi, fi'il mudari => يُسَرُّ

يُسَرُّ means he is delighted; he is happy.



- حُضُورٌ  =  presence; attendance

حُضُورٌ  is masdar from حَضَرَ 

حَضَرَ is fi'il madi which means attend; come; appear.

fi'il mudari of this verb is يَحْضُرُ



- مُدَرِّسٌ in English is a teacher

Synonym of  مُدَرِّسٌ  is  مُعَلِّمٌ or أُسْتَاذٌ


- أَمَامَ  = in front of 

- بَعْدَ  = after

- دَرْسٌ  means lesson; class; studying


- عُدْتُ means I returned

عُدْتُ إِلَى بَيْتِيْ means I returned home (I went home).

The basic form of عُدْتُ is =>  عَادَ

عَادَ is fi'il madi which means he went back to; he returned to; he came back to

Fi'il mudari of this basic verb is يَعُودُ

يَعُودُ means he goes back to (he is going back to).


- بَيْتٌ  = house/home

=================================

Related vocabulary, read Arabic vocabulary in the classroom

I Recommend you to read another short story : Let's Play