Affixed Personal Pronoun in Arabic - with sentence examples

Tabel of Content [View]

After knowing separate personal pronoun in Arabic, let's learn affixed personal pronoun and the usage of this pronoun.

Affixed personal pronouns in Arabic => الضَّمَائِرُ المُتَّصِلَةُ


As you've already known, there are three types of affixed personal pronouns, they are: 1st person, 2nd person, and 3rd person.

1st person:

me/my = ي , نِي
our/us = نَا

2nd person:

you/your = كَ   (for male singular)

you/your = كِ  (female singular)

you/your = كُمَا  (dual)

you/your = كُمْ   (male plural)

you/your = كُنَّ   ( female plural)


3rd person


his/him = هُ

her = هَا

they = هُمَا  (dual)

they = هُمْ  (male plural)

they = هُنَّ (female plural)


Special notes:

ي   (me/my) => affixed to a noun.
نِي   (me/my) => affixed to a verb.


The usage of affixed personal pronouns


The affixed personal pronouns can be used as: possessive, direct object, and indirect object.

Examples:


affixed personal pronoun in Arabic with sentence examples


Possessive: 

My house, in arabic => بَيْتِيْ

Direct object:

He teaches me => يُعَلِّمُنِي

Indirect object:

He talks to me => يَتَكَلَّمُ مَعِيْ 


Once you have completed reading a basic theory of this pronoun, continue on the sentence examples.


Sentence Examples


1. The daughter is sitting with her teacher.
What is the above sentence in arabic?
Answer: تَجْلِسُ البِنْتُ مَعَ مًدَرِّسَتُهَا

She is sitting = تَجْلِسُ
The daughter = البِنْتُ
with = مَعَ
(Female) teacher = مُدَرِّسَةٌ
her (female) teacher = مًدَرِّسَتُهَا


2. I write my lesson.
Translate the above sentence in Arabic!

Answer: أَكْتُبُ دَرْسِيْ

I write, in arabic => أَكْتُبُ
lesson, in arabic => دَرْسٌ
my lesson, in arabic => دَرْسِيْ


3. تَكَلَّمْتُمْ لُغَتُكُمْ
Translate it to English!
Answer: You spoke (with) your language.

You spoke (male plural) => تَكَلَّمْتُمْ
language => لُغَةٌ
your language => لُغَتُكُمْ


4. Ahmad teaches us.
Translate the sentence to Arabic!
Answer: أَحْمَدُ  يُعَلِّمُنَا

He teaches => يُعَلِّمُ
He teaches us => يُعَلِّمُنَا